Our stories are who we are. I teach people to value, capture and preserve their own life stories. I also teach people to research and share their family histories: the stories that shaped our forebears, who in turn shaped us.
You can read my work in several formats:
- Story of My Life: A Workbook for Preserving Your Legacy. This beautiful workbook, recently updated and reissued in 8 1/2″ x 11″ paperback AND as a writeable PDF e-book, helps you tell your life story or capture someone else’s.
- Lisa Louise Cooke’s Genealogy Gems. As an Editor for Lisa Louise Cooke, I help write content for the blog and The Genealogy Gems podcasts. I also recommend fantastic books and interview the authors for the popular Genealogy Gems Book Club.
- Family Tree Magazine. As Contributing Editor, I write articles and columns that appear in print and online (some require additional purchase to read). Click here for a sample list of articles.
- Family Tree University. Learn with online courses, webinars, independent study classes and more! Courses I developed include Courthouse Research Made Easy and Cluster and Collateral Research 101. Click here for a link to several webinars I’ve given. Use my coupon code “FTUMORTON” for $10 off registration for any class at Family Tree University.
- The Expert Series at Archives.com. Read my articles on tracing your family history at this popular genealogy website (no subscription required).