About me. Sunny Jane Morton is an internationally-known genealogy speaker and award-winning writer and editor. Her lectures are packed with try-this-now strategies and delivered with humor, humanity, and plenty of motivating examples and stories.
Bio. Sunny Morton is a longtime Contributing Editor at Family Tree Magazine; Contributing Editor and Content Manager for YourDNAGuide.com; frequent contributor to FamilySearch’s blog; and Editor of Ohio Genealogy News. Her books include How to Find Your Family History in U.S. Church Records, with Harold Henderson, CG, and Story of My Life: A Workbook for Preserving Your Legacy, now in its 2nd edition.
Click here for Sunny’s speaking calendar.
Additional Awards and Education
- Winner of the prestigious National Genealogical Society Newsletter Competition in 2017
- Winner, International Society of Family History Writers & Editors Excellence in Writing Competition: 1st place, Articles, 2012 and 3rd place, Newsletter Editing, 2013
- Double-major undergraduate degrees in History and Humanities, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah
- Graduate coursework, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio
- Genealogical Research Institute of Pittsburgh participant, 2013 and 2017
- Participation in professional-level memoir writing group
- Sunny lives and works in the Cleveland, Ohio area.
- She is married and has 3 children.
Please email Sunny at firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries about speaking presentations, author events, etc.