Sunny Jane Morton is an internationally-known genealogy educator and award-winning writer and editor. She is best known globally for comparing the world’s top genealogy websites, which she has done with custom content for U.S., U.K., Australian, Jewish and African American audiences. (A 2019 version given for Legacy Family Tree Webinars quickly became its 2nd most-watched webinar of all time). Her lectures are packed with try-this-now strategies and resources—and delivered with humor, humanity, and plenty of motivating examples and stories.
Sunny is a longtime Contributing Editor at Family Tree Magazine; Contributing Editor and Content Manager for YourDNAGuide.com; frequent contributor to FamilySearch’s blog; and Editor of Ohio Genealogy News (for the latter, she won the prestigious National Genealogical Society Newsletter Competition in 2017) . Her books include How to Find Your Family History in U.S. Church Records, with Harold Henderson, CG, and Story of My Life: A Workbook for Preserving Your Legacy, now in its 2nd edition.
Click here for Sunny’s speaking calendar.
Additional Awards and Education
- Winner, International Society of Family History Writers & Editors Excellence in Writing Competition: 1st place, Articles, 2012 and 3rd place, Newsletter Editing, 2013.
- Double-major undergraduate degrees in History and Humanities, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah
- Graduate coursework, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio
- Genealogical Research Institute of Pittsburgh participant, 2013 and 2017
- Participation in professional-level memoir writing group
- Sunny lives and works in the Cleveland, Ohio area.
- She is married and has 3 children.
Please email Sunny at email@example.com for inquiries about speaking presentations, author events, etc.