Sunny Jane Morton is an internationally-known genealogy speaker and award-winning writer and editor. She is a longtime Contributing Editor at Family Tree Magazine; Contributing Editor and Content Manager for YourDNAGuide.com; frequent contributor to FamilySearch’s blog; and past Editor of Ohio Genealogy News. She has twice received prestigious awards from the National Genealogical Society, most recently for her book How to Find Your Family History in U.S. Church Records, co-authored with Harold Henderson, CG. Her book, Story of My Life: A Workbook for Preserving Your Legacy, is now in its 2nd edition. Her presentations are packed with try-this-now strategies and delivered with humor, humanity, and plenty of motivating examples and stories.
Click here for Sunny’s speaking calendar.
Additional Awards and Education
- Winner, National Genealogical Society’s Award for Excellence: Methods & Sources Book Competition in 2022 for How to Find Your Family History in U.S. Church Records, co-authored with Harold Henderson, CG
- Winner, National Genealogical Society Newsletter Competition in 2017
- Winner, International Society of Family History Writers & Editors Excellence in Writing Competition: 1st place, Articles, 2012 and 3rd place, Newsletter Editing, 2013
- Double-major undergraduate degrees in History and Humanities, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah
- Graduate coursework, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio
- Genealogical Research Institute of Pittsburgh participant, 2013 and 2017
- Participation in professional-level memoir writing group
- Sunny lives and works in the Cleveland, Ohio area.
- She is married and has 3 children.
Please email Sunny at firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries about speaking presentations, author events, etc.